Dental implants are a great solution for missing teeth. They help make your smile complete again. In this blog, we will talk about what dental implants are, why they are helpful, the different types of dental implants, and how to pick the best one for you. If you are looking for a dentist in Hyderabad and looking for dental implant options, we will figure out why National Dental Care is the best dental clinic in KPHB.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are like artificial roots for your teeth, usually made from titanium. They hold replacement teeth in place and look just like your natural teeth. They are a permanent way to fill in gaps from lost teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants have several benefits:
- They Look and Feel Real: Implants feel and look like your own teeth.
- Eating and Talking Is Easier: Dental implants function like your own teeth, letting you eat and speak without worry.
Different Types of Dental Implants
When it comes to dental implants, there are a few different types to choose from. Each type is designed for different situations:
- Endosteal Implants: These are the most widely used types of dental implants. Here is more about them:
- Structure: They are small screws, usually made of titanium, placed directly into the jawbone.
- Process: After placing them in the jaw, there is a period of healing. During this time, they integrate with your bones. After recovery, a second procedure attaches a post to the implant. Finally, the artificial teeth, or crowns, are placed on these posts.
- Ideal For: Endosteal implants are suitable for most patients, but they require a good amount of healthy jawbone to be successfully implanted.
- Subperiosteal Implants: These are an alternative to endosteal implants and are used in specific situations:
- Structure: Subperiosteal implants consist of a metal frame placed under the gum but on or above the jawbone.
- Process: The frame becomes fixed to the jawbone as the gums heal. Posts attached to the frame protrude through the gums, and the artificial teeth are then mounted to these posts.
- Ideal For: This type of implant is a good option for patients who do not have a healthy jawbone and do not want to undergo a bone augmentation procedure to rebuild it.
- Mini Dental Implants (MDIs): These are smaller than the regular implants and are used in specific cases:
- Structure: MDIs are narrow, almost the size of a toothpick. They are also made of titanium.
- Process: They are placed through less-invasive techniques and are often used to stabilize a lower denture.
- Ideal For: MDIs are suitable for patients who are looking for a less invasive and more affordable implant option.
- All-on-4: This is a technique used to support all teeth on just four implants:
- Structure: Four implants are placed in the jawbone, and a full arch of teeth is secured to these implants.
- Process: It is often chosen by patients needing numerous teeth replaced. The technique avoids bone grafting and provides a full set of teeth on the same day.
- Ideal For: This is perfect for patients with significant tooth loss or decay and for those who lack bone density.
The Procedure for Getting Dental Implants
Getting dental implants is a process with a few steps:
- First, See a Dentist: They will check your teeth and plan your dental implant procedure.
- Process the Implant: The implant goes into your jawbone. There is a waiting period while your bone heals around it.
- Adding the Abutment: After it heals, a piece called an abutment, which holds the new tooth, is put on the implant.
- Getting Your New Tooth: Lastly, the new tooth (or crown) is attached to the abutment.
Choosing the Best Dental Implant for You
The right implant for you depends on the following:
- Your Jawbone’s Health: The type and health of your jawbone can affect which implant works best.
- What You Want: Talk with your dentist about whether you want a tooth that can be taken out or one that’s fixed.
- Cost and Insurance: Think about how much it costs and what your insurance will pay for.
Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth. They can help you eat, speak, and smile confidently. If you are looking for a best dental implant clinic in Hyderabad, National Dental Care can help you pick the right implant and make the process easy. They are experts in processing dental implants and will help you get a smile that looks and feels great.
Q. Can anyone get dental implants?
Answer: Most people can get dental implants, but it depends on the health of your gums and jawbone. Your dentist will assess if your mouth is in good shape for implants.
Q. How long do dental implants last?
Answer: Dental implants can last a very long time, even a lifetime, with proper care and good oral hygiene. Regular check-ups are important, too.
Q. Is the procedure for getting dental implants painful?
Answer: You might think it is painful, but it is less painful than they expected. Dentists usually use anaesthesia during the procedure, so you should not feel much.
Q. How do I care for my dental implants after the procedure?
Answer: Caring for dental implants is similar to caring for your natural teeth. This includes brushing twice a day, flossing, and regular dental check-ups. Your dentist might give you specific instructions, too, depending on your case.